What Words Would You Invent?
Posted by dogtrax on January 20, 2008
Here at the Norris School in Massachusetts, we have been studying the origins of the English Language and as part of our study, we created some new words that we would like to see in the dictionary. This was done as part of a wiki and a podcast project.
Would you like to hear our words? Take a listen.
And here are our written words:
- Antibiblious — Against books.
- Bidana – a pink fruit with blue and magenta stripes.
- Blizzle – Lots of homework.
- Cloony: The act of being a kook. Not knowing anything.
- Cowcalama: Loving cows more than anything in the whole wide world.
- Fugiggling — The act of laughing for no reason.
- Healcar- A type of medicine.
- Herveing — To run really fast and trip and get hurt
- Ronnoco- [noun] People that dislike Barry Bonds.
- Slcunk: Something that smells.
- Skuzzbombs: The act of expressing anger in a humourous way without swearing.
- Snackdidle- A food that you can eat a lot of
- Tigwig — A poisonous blue beetle.
- Unartle- Someone who does not do art.
- Xly – A dish of pancakes, eggs, waffles, and lobster.
- Zwig- An orange ostrich, wearing a pink tutu and eating a frozen mash potato TV dinner.
Now that you have heard and read our words, what words might you invent? Share them here through the comment feature on this post.
— The Norris School Sixth Grade Class